School fees 2018
School Fees were increased by only 5,4% which is substantially less than the equivalent to the average percentage salary increases in our area.
The budget resolution reads as follows:
- Pursuant to a meeting of the parents of Hoërskool Carletonville the following resolution was passed in accordance with Article 38(2) of the South African Schools Act No.84 of 1996 as amended
- That the Hoërskool Carletonville in terms of Article 39 (1) of the South African Schools Act, is an institution that determines and collects School Fees.
- That the amount of teacher’s vacancies that will be created in terms of Article 20 (4) of the South African Schools Act, will be 11 (ELEVEN). The costs thereby incurred will amount to R 1,869,000-00-00 and will be paid for from School Fees.
- That the amount of non-teacher’s vacancies being created in terms of Article 20 (5) of the Act No 84 of 1996, will be 13(THIRTEEN). The Costs thereby incurred will amount to R 1,041,144-00 and will be paid for from School Fees.
- In terms of Article 39 (2) of the Act no 84 of 1996, as amended, the School Fees for 2018 will be as follows:
Per child for Grade 8 – 11: R1 030.00 p.m. = R11 330.00 p.a.
Per child for Grade12: R1 050.00 p.m. = R11 550.00 p.a.
According to the latest amendments to the Schools Law as published in the Government Gazette no.29311 dated 18 October 2006, some parents qualify for full or partial exemption of the payment of school fees within the framework of certain terms and conditions. These application forms are only available from the school office and can be contacted in this regard. Regulation 6 as published in the government gazette, determines that in the calculation of full or partial exemption, the School Governing Body must take the gross earnings of both parents in consideration as a percentage of the school fees due. Exemption applications together with the required back-up documents must be handed in for processing at the school office on or before 28 February 2018. Any late applications must be accompanied by a letter of motivation why the application was not submitted on or before 28 February 2018.
That the school budget shall reflect the estimated cumulative effect of:
The established tendency of non-payment of the school fees; and the total, partial and provisional exemptions granted to parents in terms of the Regulations promulgated in accordance with Article 39(4) of the South African Schools Act, 84 of 1996 as amended.